April 5, 2014

Resurrection (?)

Well, it's about time I suppose.

I'll be trying to revive this old thing in case my new fellow students at the uni. are interested, and just to keep sort of a journal of what has happened because with my horrendous short term memory and the amount of bars we visit in Japan my recollections of events can get rather hazy over time. Then again, those two combined might cause me to forget to write anything down.. We'll just have to see how things turn out. Not to mention my love of sleeping & laziness might get the best of me when attempting to create a new blog post. My apologies in beforehand.

The closer the trip gets, the more we've been browsing the upcoming menus and campaigns of dining places in Tokyo. Being the all-devouring glutton that I am, I've got my work set in front of me. 10-decker hamburgers, 2kg curry rice plates, all-you-can-eat yakiniku.. You name it, I'll eat it. Or die savouring. We've also yearned the taste of chu-hai, one of the most devious drinks known to man. Tastes and goes down like soda, yet the 9% version gets you going like James May in a Bugatti Veyron after a few pints. And of course there's  Asahi. Oh sweet Asahi, how I miss thee. Our plane better be prepared this time. On our last flight they had run out of Asahi and tried to offer us Finnish beer instead - after we had been waiting for a few cans of Asahi for several months. Oh the stewardess' expression when seeing our reaction to her telling they're out of Asahi. We must've looked like receiving news of our parents having just died in a horrible accident.

Still, we have faith and that's what keeps our spirits running high. Let us hope we stand fortuitous in our quest for some ice cold Japanese beer.


I reckon that's it for now, I'll return to posting once we get to our destination or something worth writing occurs. That might very well be having a beer @ The Oak Barrel within the Helsinki-Vantaa airport. Sorry. :<

No comments:

Post a Comment